This year 2018-19, the School Council are having meetings on Tuesday afternoons.
Our current School Councillors are:
Hedgehog Representatives: George and Caitriona
Squirrel Representatives: Holly and Bradie
Otter Representatives: Kelda and Caiden Charlie and Elizabeth
Badger Representatives: Harriet Steven, Merry and Erin
During their time in office the children will:
- gather feedback from other pupils regarding school dinners;
- become safety officers and report health and safety issues to council in order to ensure everyone understands the importance of our health and safety;
- improve the recycling in school:
- organise events to help raise money for school, for local and national charities .
Other roles that the School Council perform include:
- Responding to childrens’ suggestions positively with consideration for all.
- Helping to organise school events, initiatives and special occasions.
- Meeting and welcoming visitors to the school.
- Helping to take a lead in dealing with whole school issues such as preventing bullying and improving behaviour.
- Being available as a buddy to any children in need of assistance.
- Purchasing playtime equipment and other school resources.