This year 2017-18, the School Council are having weekly meetings on a Wednesday afternoon. The children have been elected onto school council for half a year, from September 2017 until February half term when the next set of elections will take place.
Our current School Councillors are:
EYFS / Yr1: Esca and James B
Year 2: Kelda and Henry
Year 3: Rhona and Theo
Year 4: Tallualah and Layton
Year 5: Emily B and Sophia
Year 6: Olivia and Sonny
During their time in office the children will:
- choose music for our whole school assemblies and set weekly whole school behaviour targets;
- work towards achieving our Green Flag eco-school award by improving our school environment and being environmentally-aware. Nicola Estill has been supporting this work alongside school council.
Other roles that the School Council perform include:
- Responding to childrens’ suggestions positively with consideration for all.
- Helping to organise school events, initiatives and special occasions.
- Meeting and welcoming visitors to the school.
- Helping to take a lead in dealing with whole school issues such as preventing bullying and improving behaviour.
- Being available as a buddy to any children in need of assistance.
- Purchasing rewards for the Treasure Boxes, playtime games, and other school resources.